Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, Book 1)

First Drop of Crimson - Jeaniene Frost I usually do not read series that are off-shoots of a main series and honestly, I hadn’t paid much attention to Spade, but I simply could not wait for the release of book five. I had to get more of this world, so I borrowed it from my library.I didn’t put it down from the moment I started it. Spade has emotional strength I haven’t seen in any of the other characters. Denise is brave and after losing her husband she is unselfish in the most primal of ways. She’d endure amazing amounts of pain in order to protect her family.This isn’t as humorous as the Night Huntress series, but it is more heartfelt. The author mentions she’s afraid of children in her bio, so hopefully she’ll follow up this book with understanding that the need for children doesn’t vanish overnight. And we will see Denise struggling with that in the upcoming Night Huntress book.