Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Immortalis, Book 1)

Immortalis Carpe Noctem - Katie Salidas Once I got into this book, I enjoyed the plotline especially the tales the Lysander tells Alyssa about the ancient times of being with the coven. As a history fanatic this was fascinating. I'd truly love to see his book.Alyssa is not immediately likeable as I found her a bit weak and selfish, but she grew into her own as the story progressed. Her goodness shines through even when she does a horrendous act.Lysander is very intriguing and could not resist his charms. He is strong silent and protective. He needs Alyssa and it’s apparent from the beginning.The conflict between his old coven is touching in it’s sadness. Lysander has so much history with them.The only writerly issue I really had was words that were two syllables were often separated by a hyphenate when they shouldn’t have been. I’m not sure if this is just an issue in the copy I got or if it made it’s way into production that way.