Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Wither (Chemical Garden)

Wither (Chemical Garden) - Lauren DeStefano This book is dark and emotional, but oh so good. It starts out in what can be best described as the holocaust way of transportation. Moving in a vehicle and when they reach their destination if they are chosen they are shot.Rhine who has not been sparred a great amount of pain and grief throughout her life holds onto one hope. To be reunited with her brother, but she is trapped within the land of illusions. Holograms make up much of their existence from swimming with sharks to houses complete with a family inside.She grows to love all of her sister wives and when one is endangered she puts her own freedom on hold to protect them. While she has fallen for her sisters she’s equally in danger of not only falling for Gabriel, but her husband as well.During a hurricane she attempts her first escape and is badly injured for it. Will she ever get her freedom?Wither is a hauntingly good book and I’m looking forward to the next. It can be slow at times, but the emotional toll this book will take from you is worth it all the way.