Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Ghost Files: The Collected Cases from Ghost Hunting and Seeking Spirits

Ghost Files: The Collected Cases from Ghost Hunting and Seeking Spirits - Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson, jan michael friedman This is a combination of Ghost Hunting and Seeking Spirits in one large volume. This is a book that I would never be able to read in one sitting. I’m simply too terrified. Yeah, I’m a scaredy-cat. If you have been reading Mission to Read for any time now you know that those spooky tales such as The Near Witch terrify me.I like the adrenaline rush occasionally and because I’ve had experiences I couldn’t explain away I do believe in the paranormal (more in the human spirit being something of an unexplored territory than things such as demons) . So I’m highly interested in books and tv shows such as these.The cases are interesting and explained in a scientific manner, so it makes it bit more believable to skeptics and a little less frightening to those that freak out from the ice machine dropping ice late at night.This is a book I can see myself reading over a long period of time and coming back to and re-reading passages that intrigue me. There are stories of paranormal that don’t have to do with ghosts within this book. Things that have to do with human emotion causing phenomenon.The personal stories are what make this book. Being able to identify with the investigators makes this book one I want to read in full no matter how scared it makes me.