Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

A Game of Thrones  - George R.R. Martin I watched the first season with the hubs and got hooked and I wanted to know what was going to happen to Arya, so I requested the books from the library. After waiting ages to finally get them I jumped right in! If you have seen the first season you have basically read the book. There are only slight variances and the main thing the book does is give more back story and fleshes out the characters more. There isn’t much for me to say about the book, because quite honestly other than it’s a book lover sin I’d rather watch it than read it. 800+ of deep details with a ton of little nuances that you have to pick up on isn’t exactly quick reading and I simply feel guilty giving a book this much time when I have so many others.So in the end, my recommendation is watch the show and enjoy! If you want to read the books I’d recommend reading each book before the season comes out, which I’ll probably be doing with Season/Book 3.Oh, btw both are epic and should be AT LEAST watched because seriously most involving heart-wrenching story I’ve ever read/watched.