Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry I’m going to do this review a bit differently and answer some questions I purposed after reading this book that I wanted to ponder upon before reviewing. What was your perception of the book before you began it?I had seen so many reviews for this book of a mixed reaction that I wasn’t sure what to expect. When I opened the book and started with the first few pages I was a bit annoyed. What character did you most connect with?Echo didn’t immediately come across in a way I could relate to. She was damaged, yes. But she was also being sorta a brat. Then I realized that my aversion to her was that she reminded me too much of myself. She was so angry. When you’ve been devastated sometimes the emotional reaction is anger and this anger is so dangerous to progressing through the stages.If Noah did one thing for Echo it was helping to dissolve the wall of anger. Even though I related to Echo, I think I connected with Noah the most. His family is the most important thing to him and he is willing to grow up overnight in order to care for them. He is willing to sacrifice and change and do anything that is right for his brothers. What did you think of the storyline?Slow, but so poignant. I think aspects could have been removed for a more streamlined book, but in all it told the story in a way that you feel for the characters. Since characterization is my main focus in reading I didn’t find the slow plot to be that big an issue.Did the end of the book give you closure?This is a book I had to get distance from in order to review it as I had so many mixed emotions upon finishing it. In the end, I think the ending was handled perfectly. Overall opinion?There were aspects that annoyed me, but overall I truly enjoyed this book.