Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Series #7)

Frost Burned - Patricia Briggs Read more reviews @ Mission to Read Perfection! Simply perfection. Another great edition in one of my top 3 favorite paranormal series. I wasn’t aware that this book had came out until I was browsing late one night on Amazon (I seriously need to set up my fictfact) and immediately jumped on it. OMG! I love this series so EFFING much! Mercy never fails to remind me of one of my closest friends with which I have a bit of tumultuous relationship. She (my friend and Mercy) have strong convictions and abide by their own ethical code regardless of how that action may affect their loved ones. But this simply makes Mercy more kick-ass in my opinion. Honestly, she has traits that I do not possess (and don’t really want to possess) but admire greatly. She is smart, self-sufficient, but she is also destructive in her need for independence.The supporting characters are really what make this series stand out. I always love packs and Mercy has a pack that is her own that may not even be aligned to Adam. I really hope we get to see more of Asil in coming books. He is dark from living for ages and could be dangerous, but seems to be an ally that could be good for Mercy in more than one way. Honey, though, seriously needs to get an attitude adjustment when it comes to Mercy. I’m sick of her. There are all types of paranormal creatures in this series, but my favorite has to be the fae. I adore the rich history combined with wit it takes to always speak the truth within a political minefield. I love the artifacts full of magic that seem to have a mind of their own.The only thing that wasn’t to my liking was the ending. The wrap-up seemed a bit rushed and I just wanted the story to go on and on. I mean with a story this perfect what reader isn’t a bit sad to come to end.