Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Requiem (Delirium)

Requiem - Lauren Oliver Have you ever had your heart broken and in those moments of despair you wish to never love again? That is the world in which love is vaccinated shortly after graduation and this vaccine even eliminates parental love. No one touches, no one hugs, no one utters the illegal words, “I love you.” This is the world in which Lena has been raised and she is excited to be so close to receiving the vaccine when she meets Alex…Delirium is beautifully written.The imagery sinks you deep into this world. This dystopia at it’s finest, and *gasp*, I don’t even like dystopia most of the time. The only thing I have negative about the entire book is that the first two paragraphs of chapter 8 seem disjointed. Seriously that is how great the writing is. Delirium is heartbreakingly beautiful from the very first page. I view it as an instant classic. I believe it’s my favorite read of the new year and one I hope to go back to many times. A definite buy.