Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls)

Born at Midnight - C.C. Hunter The blurb does not do this book justice. This is a book about family, friends, facing your fears, and accepting yourself.When we meet Kylie she is going through a ton of problems that fell onto her in a short amount of time. Her boyfriend breaks up with her because she won’t put out, her grandmother dies, and then her parents announce that they are getting a divorce and the father that she so loves is moving out. Not to mention the fact that she has to see a shrink after seeing things that her mother can’t and having nightmares that wake up the entire house to her screams.The real action begins when she is sent to camp. There is no shortage of supernaturals at this camp.Kylie is the peacemaker of her group, which consists of a vampire and witch. This book is not about romance it’s about friendship and it’s something I find lacking in YA. Kylie is devoted to her friends and her friends to her. Holiday the camp advisor is also one of her close friends as she is the only one that is like Kylie. The only annoying thing about this book is the fact that we don’t find out what Kylie is, but I’m assuming we will soon.I could go on and on about this book as it is simply one of my favorite reads. I definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone.Read more: http://www.missiontoread.com/