Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

All These Things I've Done (Birthright)

All These Things I've Done - Gabrielle Zevin Although, I have never reviewed a Did Not Finish, I wanted to review this one because it’s me not the book.This a dystopian-like novel placed in a world much like our own. Bring back rations and outlaw something everyone adores, such as chocolate, and you have the world that this book plays out in. And it stresses me out.This is not a world like the one Hunger Games, Divergent, etc play out in. Meaning a world I can’t see America going in anytime soon. This is our own world gone wrong. This is 1940’s Germany mixed with today’s economy.Anya is in charge of her family at a young age and you can literally feel the stress she is under trying to take care of her little sister and mentally handicapped brother.Another aspect of why I didn’t finish this book wasn’t action packed in order to alleviate the stress and when I wasn’t stressed I was bored.I read to escape and this book brought the current political climate and economy to me in a way that I can’t quite explain.