Mission to Read

Wife, technophile, bibliophile, and student who obsesses over the latest gadget and political drama. I read compulsively. It's an addiction really. I also blog.

Forbidden

Forbidden - Syrie James, Ryan M. James I really enjoyed this book and felt it to be a quick read even though it was over 400 pages. Alec’s POV drew me in more than Claire’s which is unusual as I don’t usually enjoy reading from the male POV. I had read an adult book by Syrie James previously and found myself completely at a loss as to how this book would end because of my former knowledge that Syrie James has unusual endings.I could instantly relate with Claire and wanted to know what was going to happen to her throughout. Claire is an interesting character that is dealing with a lot, but still maintains her relationships and is considerate of everyone at every turn. I found her to be a refreshing teen female protagonist where often they can be self consumed.Although, I related with Claire, Alec interested me more. He was mature (as he should be at 100+) but the thing that drew me to him most his is his newness. He is new to emotions, new to food, new to anything human and this made him unique and quite interesting. Seeing the world through the eyes of someone who had observed the world for years and yet had not experienced anything.Claire has a set of friends that are invaluable. Her friends are always willing to do whatever is needed to keep her safe and she is very dedicated to them in turn. Her mother is a part of the storyline and is loving and communicative when Claire turns to her. The secondary characters were a integral part of the story and not just fillers.At times the plot was a bit convenient (contrived), but it laughed at itself which endeared it to me. There were plenty of twists and turns to keep me guessing. This book was not in the least predictable. Right until the very last page I didn’t know how everything would turn out. It ended somewhat abruptly and I can’t seem to find out if there is a sequel which saddens me. I would really like to know what happens next.